Thursday, January 3, 2013

Santeria Herbs : Abre Camino - Road Opener



Spanish Name Abre Camino (Road Opener)
English Common Names  Jack-Ma-Da, Bitter Sage, Thoroughwort  
Scientific Name : Eupatorium villosum Sw.

This plant belongs to  Elegua, Oshun and  Babalu Aye
Is used to open roads, also used for amulets.
A bath with the leaves of this plant is extremely useful to open closed doors. I like to use it for personal development, to help in social enterprises and to help with business dealing.

Keep a small stick of this plant with you, place it in your purse or wallet to ensure your roads are open and clean.
 
I like to use Abre Camino by itself, to prepare a bath with its leaves you lace them in water and add 5 coins, squeeze the leaves with your hands as you pray to Oshun and Elegua to open your roads, add some honey, rum (Aguardiente) and blow cigar smoke to it, let it rest outside overnight and the next day take the coins and place them in your purse or wallet, add the bath to your bathtub or rinse your whole body with the bath, leave it on, let it dry in your skin, do not rinse.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time I learned about this plant. Thanks for your informative articles. I learned a lot from it. Keep posting.

    Zean
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the difference between Eupatorium villosum being Adbe Camino and Koanophyllon villosum being it? I keep trying to find the right plant and the more I research the more Koanophyllon villosum keeps coming up, which seems to also called thoroughwort and grows in grows in southern Florida, Cuba, the Bahamas, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and the Islas de la Bahía. But Eupatorium villosum and Koanophyllon villosum are not the same plant despite both being called thoroughwort, which is even more confusing to me. What really confuses me is one bit of information I came across said Eupatorium villosum belongs to the genus Koanophyllon, but it's a different plant! And yet another thing said that villosum the one word that seems to unite the two in any relation just means it's "hairy". Then I go from store to store online seeing what people are pushing and every photo I find of the Abre Camino plant they are selling has a different plant as the photo! Since you have worked with it, maybe you can shed some light on it? I've been driving myself batty for months trying to figure this out so I know which plant is the RIGHT plant for me to be seeking out and how I can confirm this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm really confused, researching your images I keep finding that's Eupatorium havanense, AKA: white mist flower... which is native to Texas... I thought Santería was primarily practiced in the Caribbean? Am I wrong, is this a cousin of that plant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are one and the same. https://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=KOVI2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm extremely pleased to find this web site. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new things in your web site.

    ReplyDelete